The IEEE Xplore digital library is a powerful resource for discovery of and access to scientific and technical content published by the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and its publishing partners. IEEE Xplore provides web access to more than four-million full-text documents from some of the world's most highly cited publications in electrical engineering, computer science and electronics. IEEE Xplore also includes content from select other publishers including the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), MIT Press, IBM, Alcatel-Lucent, VDE Verlag, Morgan & Claypool, Tsinghua University Press, American Geophysical Union (AGU), and Beijing Institute of Aerospace Information (BIAI).
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science & Architecture
- Imaging Science & Photographic Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science Information Systems
- Software Engineering
- Remote Sensing
- Artificial Intelligence
SciFinderⁿ provides access to the world’s most comprehensive and reliable collection of scientific research information. A global network of expert scientists curate and aggregate the world’s scientific patent and journal content daily and make it fully discoverable through the advanced technology contained in SciFinderⁿ. This ensures researchers have the most current and accurate substance, reaction, reference and commercial sourcing information available to quickly and confidently inform your critical research activities.
- Pure and Applied Physics
- Pure and Applied Biology
- Pharmacy and Medical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Environmental Sciences and Management
- Climate Change Research
• More than 150 years
• More than 50,000 Journals and Publications from more than 100 countries
• More than 51 Million Journal Articles
• More than 14 Million Patents from 63 different countries
• Millions more articles, pre-prints, monographs, conference proceeding, conference posters etc.
On-Campus Access: User ID & Password Required
Off-Campus Access: Not Available
To use SciFinder, you must first register to create a personal account, using a valid Brac University email address (bracu.ac.bd)
First-time users of SciFinder must create a SciFinder user account.
- Step 1: Click here for the SciFinder user account registration page.
Step 2: Follow the instructions provided on the registration page.
SciFinder REQUIRES your Brac University e-mail address.
- SciFinder REQUIRES your Brac University e-mail address.
Step 3: To complete your registration, you must click on the confirmation link found within the SciFinder confirmation e-mail within 48 hours.
- If the SciFinder confirmation e-mail does not show up in your inbox, please check your spam folder.
Step 4: Click here to access SciFinder.
What is Scopus
Scopus launched in November 2004. It is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings with bibliometrics tools to track, analyze and visualize research.Updated daily, Scopus delivers the most comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and Arts & Humanities.
The Scopus Information site is available on the web at
It contains a wealth of resources including:
- User guides and tips
- Title lists
- Quick tips and Frequently Asked Questions
- On-Campus: No User ID or Password Required
- Off-Campus: Athens ID and Password Required
- This service is available to faculty, staff, and students of Brac University
- As Brac University subscribes Scopus you do not need to log in before searching in Scopus but in order to avail of services such as saving searches and setting up email alerts you can register in Scopus.
- The Registration link can be found at the top right on the product site.
Scopus Indexed Journal List
- Over 64 million records
- 68 million post-1995 records, including references (84% include abstracts)
- 6.5+ million pre-1996 records going back as far as 1788
- 23,500+ peer-reviewed journals, of which more than 4,000 are full Gold Open Access
- 8.5+ million Open Access articles
- More than 131,000 books
- Including monographs, edited volumes, major reference works and graduate level text books
- Focuses on social sciences and arts & humanities, but also includes science, technology & medicine (STM)
- More than 540 book series
- Over 7.5 million Conference papers
- Over 320 trade publications
- Articles-in-press (i.e., articles that have been accepted for publication) from over 8,000 titles from international publishers, including Cambridge University Press, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Nature Publishing Group, Springer, Wiley-Blackwell and, of course, Elsevier
For more information please visit:
Manupatra, is an online legal research database. It is the largest content aggregator of Indian and International material, linking primary information, secondary material and proprietary analytical content. With primary documents and proprietary analytical content covering commentaries, treatises, digests, editorial enhancements.
Database includes full text decisions from the Supreme Court, all High Courts, the Federal Court, Privy Council and many tribunals. Coverage is mostly from the inception of each Court. Legislation covered includes bare acts, amending acts, repealed legislation, subordinate legislation and bills from all jurisdictions. Primary material is grouped by topic, and secondary material includes annotated acts and commentary.
- High Court (1950-Current)
- Bangladesh Supreme Court
- Pre 1970
- Supreme Court (1950 - Current)
- All High Courts of India – inception of each court –Current and also all kind of Tribunals
- Orders of Over 30 Tribunals & Commissions
- Privy Council Cases
- Notifications & Circulars of the Ministries of the Central Government of India
- Central Acts Incorporating Amendments; Rules; Regulations; Schemes; Orders; Repealed Acts; Amending Acts
- Supreme Court (1950-Current)
Court of Justice of the European Communities (1974-1994)
- Court of Final Appeal (1997-Current)
International Court of Justice (1949-Current)
- Supreme Court (2004-Onwards)
- Court of Appeal (1910-Current)
- Supreme Court (1951-Current)
- High Courts
- Federal Court
- Federal Shariat Court
- Board of Revenue of East Pakistan
- Board of Revenue of West Pakistan
- Evacuee Property Tribunal
- Supreme Court
- Court of Appeal (1995-Current)
- High Court (1971-Current)
- Constitutional Court (1995-Current)
- Supreme Court of Appeal (1984-Current)
- Supreme Court (1878-Current)
- Court of Appeal
- High Court
- Supreme Court (2009-Current)
- House of Lords (1838-2009)
- England & Wales Court of Appeal
- England & Wales High Courts
- Privy Council (1950-Current)
- High Court of Justice in North Ireland Queens Bench
- US Supreme Court (1759-Current)
- Federal Courts
Comprehensive Coverage of the following topics (each area includes news, reports, legislation, rules and procedures, dispute settlements and other related information):
- Cyber/IT laws/IPR
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Forex & Banking
- Capital Market
- Corporate Laws
- Competition Laws
- Employment Laws
- Direct Taxation
- Indirect Taxation
- Foreign Trade Policy
- Human Rights
- Indian Industrial Policies & Procedures
- Media & Communication Laws
- Power & Energy
- Mines & Minerals
- Real Estate
- Goods & Services Tax
- International Law
For Details Coverage:
Please note that we don't have access to BdLex anymore as Manupatra covers all the contents of BdLex.
Global Online Access to Legal Information (GOALI) is a legal database which provide free or low-cost online access to legal research and training in the developing world under research4life programme. GOALI is a public-private partnership of the International Labour Organization (ILO) as a UN agency, together with Brill Nijhoff, the International Training Centre of the ILO and academic partners Cornell Law School Library and the Lillian Goldman Law Library at Yale Law School.
- International Law
- Human Rights
- Humanitarian Law
- Labour Law